A forgotten password is by far the most common reason for failing to sign-in on the platform. Since user passwords are never stored in plain, it is impossible for us to see, reset or reissue passwords for users. Users must therefore choose a new password for themselves by following the process described below.
Password reset flow
- Users must place a request for resetting a forgotten password from the password recovery page.
- Start by providing your email address and submitting a password reset request.
- If the provided email address is registered and verified on the platform, an email is sent to the email address with further instructions on resetting the password. This email is sent as soon as the request is received.
- Follow the instructions provided in the email to choose a new password for your profile.
a. Password reset email not received
If you placed a password reset request but did not receive the follow-up email, please try the following:
- Refresh your email client to see if the email is received.
- Check the junk/ spam folder to see if the email landed there. If it did, please add the sender for the email to your safe sender list so that subsequent emails are correctly delivered to your inbox.
b. Following the instructions in the reset email leads to an error
Password reset emails are valid for only 72 hours from the time that the reset request is received. If the instructions provided in a reset email are not followed for 72 hours, a fresh request needs to be generated.